If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus, you need to have intentional relationships with people who have the same goal – and a Small Group is the ideal place for that. In a small group, five to fifteen people meet regularly for a year or more to experience community, care and life-change together. You’ll be encouraged to live out the truths you discover in the Bible, as you encourage others to do the same.
At Lakeshore, we currently have about 40 small groups meeting on a regular basis. Once formed, our groups are typically closed to new additions so the group can bond relationally together. However, we're always forming new groups throughout the year and would love to help you join or start a new one.
We typically try to form six different types of groups:
- Married Groups are made up of couples in the same stage of life – newly married, with kids, without kids, and empty nesters.
- Single’s Groups are made up of unmarried men and women, in various stages of life, meeting together.
- Men's & Women’s Groups are made up of men and women, in various stages of life, meeting separately.
- General Groups are made up of people together in various stages of life including married, single, divorced, and widowed.
- Young Adult Groups include high school graduates, college students, young professionals, singles, and young married couples.
- Teen Groups are made up of students grades 6 through 12 and function as part of Ignite Student Ministries.
Life Is Better Connected
Small Groups Currently Open
The following groups are currently open, and we'd love to have you check them out to see if they'd be a fit for you! To join one of these groups, just submit the form below and we'll be in touch with some next steps.
GENERAL GROUP | SUNDAY MORNINGS | LED BY PASTOR CORY & CARMEN SMITH
- This is an open group environment - anyone is free to join at any time.
- Meets on-site at the church, 2 Sunday's each month on select weekends.
- This group meets from 9:00am-10:15am.
- Group members are encouraged to stay afterwards for the 11:00 service.
MEN'S GROUP | THURSDAY MORNINGS | LED BY SEAN DUBMAN
- Just started January 2018!
- Meets at the church (at Waves Cafe)
- Thursday mornings from 6:30-7:30am.
Many of our groups offer childcare on-site as a part of the group. However, if you end up joining a group that doesn’t, we want to remove that barrier for you. Just hire your babysitter and we’ll pay them. Check out the Childcare Reimbursement Form for all the details.
Considering Group Leadership?
We are always looking for more leaders who desire to help others discover and develop a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. If you love God, care for people, and think group leadership might be for you, let Pastor Cory know in an email today!