THANK YOU FOR 2019
Thank you to the 750 volunteers that helped to pack food and run our 8th annual FMSC MobilePack event.
This year Lakeshore:
- Packed 155,520 meals
- Feeding 426 kids to be fed for 1 year.
So far, this year's meals have been delivered to:
- Global Aid Network (GAiN) in Mali, Africa (38,848 meals)
- Global Aid Network (GAIN) in Liberia, Africa (38,880 meals)
- Reach Now International (RNI) in Angola, Africa (77,760 meals)
GAiN is a Christian humanitarian organization that expresses the love of Jesus Christ in the toughest places on earth by relieving suffering and restoring dignity. GAiN has distributed FMSC meals in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Central America. They work primarily in outreaches, schools and refugee camps. If you are interested in learning more, click here: GAiN Website. For a story of how GAiN has specifically utilized FMSC food Click Here.
Reach Now International reaches orphans, refugees, internally displaced people, those affected by war, governmental situations, poverty, persecution and other natural conditions and calamities with the gospel and practical help. RNI has distributed FMSC meals in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, Eastern Europe and the Middle East to serve these populations. To learn about their work you can check out the RNI website.
Over the course of the past 8 years, Lakeshore has made the following significant contribution to Feed My Starving Children:
- Packed 1,580,688 meals
- Fed 4,327 kids for an entire year
- Had 7,350 volunteers
Thank you to everyone that participated in Lakeshore's FMSC events.
FMSC MobilePack events help starving children around the world to get the physical nourishment they need to grow and succeed in school. Lakeshore Community Church is able to partner with FMSC because of the generousity of its members and regular attenders who support Making Waves. Click here to learn more and begin supporting Making Waves.
Save the dates of next year's event - November 20th and 21st, 2020. More information later.
Did You Know?
This year's event will cost Lakeshore Community Church $34,100 to purchase enough food to pack the 155,000 meals for this event. That means each packer who volunteers will be packing about $50 worth of food. There are a few ways you can participate and help Lakeshore offset this cost...
1. Make a Donation
- Lakeshore members and regular attenders support this cost through their contributions to Making Waves. If you are not already contributing to Making Waves please click here to learn more about Making Waves and how to begin making contributions to help Lakeshore offset the cost.
- People outside of Lakeshore can make a suggested donation of $50 per person packing. Donations can be made on a credit or debit card at the time of registration or can be mailed or dropped off to Lakeshore Community Church, 3651 Latta Road, Rochester, NY 14612. Checks can be made out to Lakeshore Community Church. Please write FMSC in the memo line.
2. Raise Support
- Download the Family And Friends Sponsorship Form and begin obtaining donations from family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors to sponsor you for this event.
3. Corporate Sponsorship