LAKESHORE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF THE LESS FORTUNATE—
We are all more blessed than we will ever fully understand. Simply by being born in America, we have more wealth than virtually any other nation has ever had in the history of the world. Why would God give us this privilege? God blesses people so that they would in turn be a blessing to others.
In our 22 year history we have tried to be a blessing to people here and around the world— both materially and spiritually. Making Waves, along with our General Budget Missions giving, has helped provide significant material support to the needy in many places around the world, accompanied by spiritual support that helps spread the Good News to everyone we reach.
This web page is designed to communicate some of the ways, including:
- How we have helped people throughout 2017 both locally and globally. It’s a significant accomplishment for a church our size, and one that we’ll more fully appreciate when considered collectively.
- How we will help people through Making Waves 2018, our seventh one-year missions giving opportunity to impact our world.
It’s amazing to think that through your anticipated generosity to Making Waves 2018, we will surpass one million dollars in missions giving!
As you read this page, we hope you will do two things:
1. Thank God for allowing us to be able to help people in need.
2. Pray about making a generous one-year commitment to Making Waves 2018 through an upfront gift with your Commitment Form (in 2017) and a pledge in 2018, as God leads you.
Will you let God use you to spread the Good News to people who so desperately need it?
Vince & Sue DiPaola
Making Waves 2018 is about spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ around the world and in our own local community. To those ends, we make a commitment to give all the money received to the projects listed below as follows:
The first $65,000 will be given away to other like-minded missions around the world as follows:
Feed My Starving Children:
Funds to pack about 200,000 meals for the hungry
The Serve Initiative:
Funds for local missions projects around Rochester in 2018
Funds to feed 20,000 children in Nicaragua in 2018
Select Missions Projects:
To be identified throughout 2018
Any funds above and beyond this amount will be used to help us fulfill our vision of helping more people discover and develop a growing relationship with Jesus in Rochester, including:
- Partial support toward staffing needs
- Capital improvement projects needed around the church
- Increased mortgage payments to shorten our loan duration
We are asking everyone to consider getting involved in three practical ways:
Pray regularly on your own, in your small group, at Synergy Prayer every Saturday from 9:30-10:30AM for this effort, for those who will receive our help, and for your part in Making Waves 2018.
Sign up for the Feed My Starving Children food packing event in November and get involved in one or more of our monthly local Serve Initiatives around Greece and Rochester.
Fill out the Making Waves 2018 Commitment Form with an upfront gift in 2017 and a regular giving commitment (weekly, monthly, quarterly) in 2018 “above and beyond” your regular giving to impact our world.
Thank you for supporting Making Waves 2018
and for spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ
throughout the world!