If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus, you need to have intentional relationships with people who have the same goal – and a Small Group is the ideal place for that. In a small group, five to fifteen people meet regularly for a year or more to experience community, care and life-change together. You’ll be encouraged to live out the truths you discover in the Bible, as you encourage others to do the same.
At Lakeshore, we currently have about 40 small groups meeting on a regular basis. Once formed, our groups are typically closed to new additions so the group can bond relationally together. However, we're always forming new groups throughout the year and would love to help you join or start a new one.
We typically try to form six different types of groups:
- Married Groups are made up of couples in the same stage of life – newly married, with kids, without kids, and empty nesters.
- Single’s Groups are made up of unmarried men and women, in various stages of life, meeting together.
- Men's & Women’s Groups are made up of men and women, in various stages of life, meeting separately.
- General Groups are made up of people together in various stages of life including married, single, divorced, and widowed.
- Young Adult Groups include high school graduates, college students, young professionals, singles, and young married couples.
- Teen Groups are made up of students grades 6 through 12 and function as part of Ignite Student Ministries.
Signups for Small Groups will reopen soon.
Please save the following date for GroupLink:
Sunday, September 23 | 1:00-3:00pm
Life Is Better Connected
Basic Training for Small Group Leaders
As we anticipate the start of the new ministry year, we'd love for you to pray about and consider leading a small group at Lakeshore.
This event is required for anyone interested in leading and will help you...
1) Discern whether or not small group leadership is for you this year
2) Improve and fine-tune your leadership over your current small group
Saturday, August 4 - 9am-12pm or
Saturday, August 25 - 9am-12pm
Small Group Leader Launch
This event is required for anyone interested in leading a small group at Lakeshore in the 2018-2019 year, including leaders of current groups.
Monday, August 13 - 6:30-8:30pm or
Thursday, August 23 - 6:30-8:30pm