BUILDING A FUTURE
Hunger for Hope is a yearly event run by Ignite Student Ministries at Lakeshore Community Church. Every year, ISM gathers students of the community and strives to provide them with opportunities to become spiritually aware of their role in alleviating poverty. We do this by focusing specifically on Children’s Relief International’s youth and handball ministry, Spark of Hope, in Dondo, Mozambique.
Hunger for Hope tip toes the lines of a service project, a mini missions experience, and a traditional youth event. The event attempts to show students the mission of Spark of Hope and why the ministry exists. We tie in teaching time, activities, and a fundraising effort, to give students the ability to get involved in what God is doing through Spark of Hope. Students hear stories, wrestle with harsh realities, and are challenged to get out of their comfort zones and make a difference.
As a yearly event, we strive to keep these experiences and commitments alive throughout the year, and create a culture of missions within ISM. With Hunger for Hope as our yearly ‘pep rally’ of sorts, we hope to build the relationship between Ignite Student Ministries and Spark of Hope and instill in our students a sense of connection to individuals involved in Spark of Hope as well as an overall connection to God’s work in Dondo, Mozambique.
Friday to Saturday, March 16 & 17
- Registration between 5:00-6:00pm Friday evening
- 24 Hours without food to raise money for Spark of Hope (5:00pm to 5:00pm)
- Students stay overnight at the church with adult supervisors
- Students may come and go from H4H if they let us know ahead of time and have a parent/guardian sign them in or out
- Event ends (parents pick up students) between 5:00-5:30pm Saturday evening
For a more extensive list of details, click here.
DONATE TO SPARK OF HOPE
Click here to check out our Classy Campaign to learn more about, and contribute online to, the Spark of Hope Resource Center, our fundraising focus for this year's Hunger for Hope.
With your help, Spark of Hope will be able to do these five things:
1. Provide tutoring classes in Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English year-round for grades 8-12.
2. Operate a meal program for all Spark students for one year
3. Provide school resources (textbooks, notebooks, markers, pens & pencils, paper) to all Spark students for one year
4. Keep the Resource Center clean and well maintained for one year
5. Offer mentoring and discipleship at the Resource Center.
VOLUNTEER AT HUNGER FOR HOPE
Click here to register to volunteer for this year's Hunger For Hope event.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Overnight Supervisors
- Overnight Security
- Drivers (for Canned Food Drive)
- Handball Helpers
- Juice Break Setup and Serving
- Clean Up
For more information, stop by our table in the atrium this Sunday, or contact our Student Ministries Pastor, Will Strowe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585.392.5253 x 1209.